Because during the two remaining weeks leading to Christmas Elf has become a regular watch we have decided to pay tribute to our beloved Christmas classic with an Elf Spaghetti Breakfast Cake.
The sugar content in this Elf Spaghetti Breakfast Cake is sure to power you through an exhaustive evening of Christmas movie marathon and ensured to be a complete success on the children’s table this Christmas family gathering.
You will need:
Cake recipe of choice.
Dark Melting Chocolate.
Butter Cream Frosting. (We used this recipe)
Red & green m&ms.
Chocolate Fudge Pop Tart.
1. Once cooled down, put a thin layer of frosting on the whole outside of the cake. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes while you roll out your fondant.
2. On a piece of parchment paper, roll out about 20 oz of white fondant to 1/4″ thick. Carefully place the fondant over your cake, gently pushing down on it to smooth out any bumps. Set aside.
3. Mix in small amounts of orange and red dye into your buttercream frosting until you reach the pasta-like color desired.
4. Pipe out the spaghetti in the middle of the cake bearing in mind it has to look like a small pile of it. Set aside until the buttercream has harden in the fridge.
5. Melt dark chocolate. Pour over the spaghetti as if it would be chocolate syrup. Before the chocolate sets, top cake with red and green m&ms mini marshmellows, sprinkles and lastly break into pieces the chocolate fudge poptart.
Decking the hot drinks next? Check out our Mini Marshmallow Reindeer Pool Floats those are still knocking our christmas socks off.