Because Halloween is creeping on us quick we have decided to trick o´ treat ourselves with these oh so spooky Crushed Candy Corn Poisoned Donuts.
These Crushed Candy Corn Poisoned Donuts are best served to Hocus Pocus, but are not to be left out from being displayed on your annual Halloween Costume Party’s dessert table.
For the donuts:
2 cups flour
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Gel food coloring in pink, green, blue, yellow, and purple
For the glaze:
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-4 teaspoons hot water
Crushed candy corn.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix vanilla, eggs, milk, and butter. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Separate batter into 5 bowls.
- Color one bowl neon green, black, purple and orange. Put each color of batter into a piping bag.
- Grease a donut pan and pipe each layer of colored batter into the pan. Put in oven for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Crush up 1/2 cup of candy corn. Combine all of the ingredients for the glaze. Dip the donuts into the glaze and top with the crushed candy corn and edible eyes.
Gearing up for the Halloween season? We crafted Pumpkin Pie Slice Pillows to add just the right spice to any corner of your house during the spookiest time of the year!