We are celebrating the first day of summer by combining our two ultimate summer favorites: key lime pie, and of course, the beach.
We came to the conclusion that this summer dessert will result on two possible outcomes, it will either leave you desiring to throw your very own beach party, or the oddest one; it will leave you desiring to lounge on your own Key Lime Beach Pie.
1¼ C graham cracker crumbs
¼ C sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
½ C sour cream
¾ C key lime juice
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups of cookie crumble
1. Combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Mix until blended
2. Press crumbs into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan
1. Combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and key lime juice. Stir until smooth.
2. Pour into pie pan.
3. Bake for 10 minutes in 350 degree oven, until tiny bubbles form on the surface.
4. Turn off oven and let pie sit in oven for 30 minutes – do not allow to brown.
5. Chill before moving on to the toppers.
1. We topped our pie with cookie crumble by mixing two cups of cookie crumbs of the cookie of your choice with 3 tablespoons of butter melted.
2. We simply followed the instructions over on Beach Cake Toppers over at Oh Happy Day to make the beach chairs and the umbrellas.
Want to go all out this summer? Check out our Pool Party Inspired Mocktails with Swan and Flamingo Floats they are our new summer staple.